YSL 101 Main Page
YSL 101 Course Description (Weeks 1 – 4)*
Students will be exposed to reading and vocabulary at a beginner’s level to the Yorùbá Language. The student will learn greetings and other common phrases. The student will read passages and build basic vocabulary.
General Course Purpose
To provide aspiring priestesses and priests with the mandatory skill of Yorùbá Language in order to improve listening technique and immersion activities with the intent of fluency.
- Comprehend simple text or short sections of longer text.
- Read and answer basic greetings.
- Understand the main idea from the text.
- Expand vocabulary by learning morphemes & elusions.
- Become competence in vocabulary.
Major Topics to be Included
- Reading for pleasure
- Responding to basic greetings
- Identifying main ideas
- Basic grammar and sentence structure
YSL 101 classes and REL 101 classes run at the same time slots. So, YSL 101 runs from Weeks 1 to 4, and then REL 101 classes will run from Weeks 5 – 8 in the same time slot.